Self-isolation is hard and can get lonely. That’s where a virtual CBD tea party comes in!
Are you missing your friends right now during isolation? Try throwing a virtual tea party, complete with CBD tea, CBD edibles, and all of your closest friends.
How to Throw a Virtual CBD Tea Party
Traditional tea parties are typically held from mid to late afternoon and usually include an assortment of small salad, finger sandwiches, breads, or pastries plus any manner of sweets, and the tea. There are usually three courses, and you drink your tea with each course.
These can all easily be made at home, without you having to leave your house.
What you’ll need:
- A plate: Set your table with a nice, cheerful table cloth and set out decorative plates to set the tea party scene.
- Tea pot and tea cup: Set your tea pot full of CBD tea on the table, so it’s in easy reach of you while you’re chatting with your friends. Use a matching, or otherwise decorative, tea cup because this isn’t just any ol’ cup of tea. This is nice CBD tea, and you’re at a nice tea party.
- CBD tea: Accompany your tea with sugar or lemon slices for decoration and for your taste preference.
- Cutlery: While the sandwiches and breads are eaten with your hands, you’ll need a fork for your salad.
- Serving Plate: A serving plate is a great way to display the three courses, so you can easily pick up the next course as you go.
- Flowers: This is a tea party, so it should be festive and bright. Make your setup look fresh and fun by adding some pretty flowers from the garden. Put them in a small vase to set on the table.
- Background music: This part is optional, especially since you’ll be chatting with friends over Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, or whichever virtual chat platform you’re using.
- Get dressy: Have some fun and get dressed up for your virtual tea party.
- Your phone, tablet, or laptop: You’ll need a way to virtually hang out with your friends.
Making CBD Tea
CBD tea is a great way to reap the benefits of hemp without inhaling anything. Improve your mood, boost your metal state, and provide relief for pain and discomfort, as well as sleep troubles.
Here’s how you make it:
- ¼ – ½ cup ground hemp stems
- 3 cups water
- Tea of your choice, in a teabag
- Coffee filter
- 1 ml CBD tincture *optional*
- Binding agent
The Binding Agent
CBD is not water-soluble, meaning it cannot be absorbed by water without a source of fat to serve as a binding agent. Without this, you just have hemp-flavored water. It won’t do anything.
You can use 2-3 T alcohol, ½ cup milk, or ½ T butter or coconut oil.
Fill a saucepan with the water. Then, add your binding agent. If you’re using alcohol, wait to add it until after the water is boiling and is removed from the heat before you add it to the water. Otherwise, it will just evaporate out.
Add the ground stems to boiling water and binding agent mixture. Stir frequently for 10 minutes, infusing the liquid with CBD.
To strain, put the coffee filter over your cup and pour the tea into the cup through the filter.
Add the other tea bag, steeping it in the cup for a few minutes.
Add the CBD tincture for an extra boost.
Making CBD Butter
CBD-infused butter (CBD butter) is one of the easiest ways to make CBD edibles, which you’ll be eating during your virtual tea party.
However, making CBD-infused butter can be a little tricky. In order to activate the CBD, the hemp buds must be slowly heated at a low temperature in a process called decarboxylation. The following recipe will guide you through the process, before giving you instructions on how to make the CBD butter.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup (roughly 7-10 grams) of ground hemp, decarboxylated
Decarboxylating the Hemp
Before you can make CBD butter, you’ll need to decarboxylate the hemp buds you’re using. You can skip this step, but the product will be either too weak to do much or completely inactive. This is because hemp buds contain a non-psychoactive acidic cannabinoid called CBDA. When you smoke or vaporize hemp, the heat causes the acidic cannabinoid to lose its carboxylic acid. When this happens to CBDA (cannabidiolic acid) it becomes CBD.
Preheat the oven to 245 degrees F. Cover the tray with parchment paper, and place the hemp buds on the paper. Put the tray in the oven and set the timer for 30 – 40 minutes. The fresher the buds, the more time they may need. Gently shake the tray to mix the buds every 10 minutes while they are in the oven.
Directions for making CBD butter:
- Grind up the decarboxylated hemp.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter into a saucepan. Simmer on low until butter starts to melt.
- As the butter melts, add in your ground hemp.
- Simmer on low heat (160 – 200 degrees F) for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every now and then. Never let the mixture boil.
- Set a funnel in the top of a jar and line the funnel with cheesecloth. Once the mixture is done and cooled, pour it down the lined funnel without squeezing the cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate the CBD butter. Excess water may form at the bottom of the jar. If this happens, refrigerate the CBD butter for an hour before you remove it with a knife and drain out the water before replacing the butter back in the jar.
Using the CBD butter
To test the potency of your CBD butter, spread ¼ – ½ teaspoon on a piece of bread and see how you feel after an hour. Increase or decrease the dose until you achieve the desired effects.
CBD butter can replace butter or oil in nearly any recipe, which includes breads and cookies.
For your virtual tea party, try making some CBD-infused zucchini bread using organic vegetables. Not big on Zucchini? There are so many different bread recipes available, and you can substitute regular butter or oil for CBD butter.
Throwing the Tea Party
Get everything set up and ready, from the table to your laptop or phone. Pull up the video chat platform you’re using, and greet all of your friends.
It’s time to have the tea party.
For the first course, pair a small salad the size of your cup rim with your CBD tea.
For the second course, enjoy some finger sandwiches (such as cucumber and cream cheese) with the crusts cut off or a slice of nice bread. Pair it with your CBD tea.
Finally, the third course is all about sweets. Nibble on some cookies or little cakes made with CBD butter. Finish the rest of your CBD tea.
That’s all there is to it!
You can hang out with your friends and reap the benefits of CBD at the same time — all without leaving your house or putting your health at risk.